AnsweredAssumed Answered

Public Libraries with Guidestar Pro

Question asked by marktownsend on Jun 28, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2018 by robin.burdick

I live in a large Pennsylvania Retirement Community in Lancaster County.   I am a member of a large group of residents from about 25 Pennsylvania Non-Profit Retirement Communities (PARCR).  Part of my reason for joining was that it is very useful to hear about how communities other than mine are managing their finances. How big a share of their revenue goes to pay the CEO, etc.  The 990s over the years are a natural way to monitor such things.  I am attempting to construct such a monitor for use of residents from all the communities, but extracting the relevant information from each 990 and arranging it all to construct a comparison is a daunting task.  I have seen samples of isolated Guidestar Pro Premium reports on the web, and they do a great job of arranging the data over the years into a single table for each community.  Unfortunately, the cost of these reports is over $100 for each community.  $2500+ is not compatible with my retirement budget.  I am hoping that I can find a library which has a Premium prescription which their patrons can use.  There does not seem to be a list of such libraries on the web.

Mark Townsend

Elizabethtown, PA

judyandmarkt@gmail.com

717-287-2409

Outcomes