AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with getting on Amazon Smile for our 501c3 Organization

Question asked by lauratalley on Jun 26, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 by robin.burdick

Hello,

My name is Laura Talley.  I am the VP and Co-Founder of Conch Republic Marine Army Inc. (EIN 82-4673083).  Thank you for accepting our Organization.

I have done everything I thought possible to make us show up as an option on Amazon Smile.  

Just received an email from Amazon Smile that said this  

" Hello Laura,

To ensure every organization meets our eligibility requirements, we do not add any charities to the program manually, but rely on an automated data feed from the IRS via GuideStar. Please allow several months for a newly established organization to automatically appear in our database, and there is no way to expedite an organization's listing.

If your organization does become eligible for AmazonSmile, you will be able to register to receive donations at https://org.amazon.com

Thank you for your patience and understanding of our automated process. "
We are dealing with continuing problems after Hurricane Irma.   Several months to wait to appear in the database to me feels like a lifetime at this moment.  We, the founders of CRMA lost our home, and are just trying to clean up the waters around us here in The Keys.  Is there any way to expedite this?  We have a huge clean up this weekend (June 30th) and would love to announce that we have been approved to be on Amazon Smile.

Anything I can do, please let me know.
Laura Talley
VP, Co- Founder Conch Republic Marine Army Inc.

Outcomes