AnsweredAssumed Answered

create a support case

Question asked by cassandraguice Partner on Jun 4, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2018 by cassandraguice

To:          Eva Nico

Senior Director of Non-Profit Programs

National Association of Colored Women's Clubs (NACWC)

Date:   June 4, 2018

Re:     Email Received June 1, 2018

ubject:  Update To Your Guidestar Profile

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Received your e-mail regarding the discontinuation of the donation button. We have not as yet made a decisions about the donation button on the Guidestar website should that option be reinstated.

Your e-mail gave us the opportunity ask questions through the "create a support case" link and NACWC National President, Ms. Sharon Bridgeforth, has authorized me to do so; but first some background.

On May 23rd, I received two e-mails from Orrin Webb, Fundraising Consultant, Network for Good, 1140 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036, phone:  (202) 627-1629.  Each e-mail, someone aggressively postured that we should meet at our offices in order to "to share ways they were able to develop sustainable funding and cultivate major gift relationships with little time or support".  [direct quote copied from e-mail sent]

As this meeting was impossible (I do not live in Washington, DC where NACWC headquarters is maintained) and I was unfamiliar with this person, I contacted our Executive Secretary and learned that Network of Good was associated with Guidestar.

In light of this contact made by Orrin Webb from Network of Good and the e-mail we received from you, we have the following questions:

1.  Should NACWC be concerned about this contact from Orrin Webb?

2.  Should NACWC be concerned about the accuracy of donation amounts sent to our organization?

3. May we have a list of the donations (from whom and amounts) received through the Guidestar website? We would like to compare this list to what NACWC received?

Finally, I have e-mailed a copy of this memo to you via your e-mail address.

Outcomes