AnsweredAssumed Answered

I want information about the LAW when it comes to boarding horses in Idaho. I have searched and searched for that specific information and cannot find it anywhere. Please help.

Question asked by tarathomas on May 27, 2018
Latest reply on May 29, 2018 by robin.burdick

There is a man here in Boise Id that has 12 horses that he keeps penned up 365 days a year, with no shelter from the sun and no shelter from the harsh / wet winters. They were in their own feces and mud for a greater part of the last winter, up to their knees (every time I went to see them I thought for sure I would find one laying down with a broken leg). There is no grass and each pen is probably 10 by 12 or so. He leaves the ties from the hay mixed in with their daily feed, and 9 out of the 12 need to see a farrier. I believe that there is more to being an animal owner than just feeding them. I have reported him to the local humane society but they act like I'm a nuisance and they just don't want to be bothered with it. I don't know what to do, I am trying to educate myself enough about horse care that I can actually DO SOMETHING to help them. I am hoping you are the right people to try to connect with. Any useful information that you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Outcomes