AnsweredAssumed Answered

The K Foundation - what is it?

Question asked by edithsamers Champion on Feb 13, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 by robin.burdick

My name is Edith Samers.  I work for Jewish Education in Media d/b/a/ JBS Jewish Broadcasting Service.  For the last two years, we have received gifts from the K Foundation.  In 2017 we received a large amount. I understand from Greater Horizons that the K Foundation processes gifts made through Guidestar to different organizations.  My questions are:

1. The funds we receive are not the K Foundation's own funds.  Is that correct?  Thus, I should not send them a thank you letter for the gift.

2.  Is there a way to know who donated so we can thank them?  And if it is $250 or higher, who gives them a tax letter stating that   "no goods or services were given in return for the donation."?

3.  Since we are a television, we post the names of donors who have given more than $3600 in a year.   We are assuming that we should not list the K Foundation if in fact it is not their money - they are just a pass through to JBS.

Again, it would be nice to acknowledge the donors who gave to JBS through the K Foundation.

Please respond asap as we are planning to do a new list of donors for our television and I would also like to thank the K Foundation if that is correct.  And to whom should I address it if in fact, it is their funds.

Thank you for your anticipated response.

Edith Samers

Vice President

Outcomes