AnsweredAssumed Answered

I am the manager for the Catholic Diocese of Lexington's account.  All our parishes use the same EIN. Can a parish have a separate GuideStar profile, so that corporations can make matching gifts to that parish directly?

Question asked by jillheink on Jan 31, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 by jillheink

THis is the email that was forwarded on to me:

Nancy Ramirez (YourCause)

Jan 29, 12:18 CST

Hi M,

Thank you for contacting us! In order to be added to the database, each organization must register with our vetting partner, GuideStar. We receive a monthly charity update from GuideStar, between the 15th and 25th. The time it takes your organization to get added will depend on their responsiveness. Typically, it takes 1-2 months for an organization to be added to the database.

GuideStar Instructions (please forward to your charity):

Hello!

I have requested to add your organization to the Arthur J Gallagher charity database. In order to be added, you will first need to register with Arthur J Gallagher's charity vetting partner, GuideStar. Please send ALL of the documents below to GuideStar for them to create a profile for your organization:

1. The year the church/religious organization was founded
  2. A copy of a federal IRS document that has the church/religious organization’s name and EIN pre-printed on the form (form 941, payroll tax receipts, and EIN Issuance Letter are all acceptable documentation)
  3. A copy of the church/religious organization’s listing in the parent Church National Directory, a copy of the State Registration, or a copy of the Sales & Use Tax Exemption issued by the State.

You can either email your documents to support@guidestar.org. Be sure to include your contact information!

All the best,

Nancy Ramirez
YourCause

Outcomes