AnsweredAssumed Answered

Having trouble making a matching donation request for Mission of Hope

Question asked by stevenborkman on Jan 25, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2018 by robin.burdick

Unfortunately, this request is rather urgent, as I'm trying to get a match for last year (2017), and my employer's deadline is the end of the month (for matching donation requests for 2017). My employer is Praxair, and I'm trying to get a matching donation for Mission of Hope (Haiti) 13-4207776. I submitted the donation request 2 weeks ago, and this morning the Praxair administrator told me Mission of Hope is not able to receive matching donations. I've been able to get matches in previous years without problems. Also, I was able to submit the original matching donation request 2 weeks ago without any error messages. I called Mission of Hope, and they have been able to receive other matching donations through the Network for Good recently. So perhaps this problem is specific to Praxair's account.

My original donation request was denied today. Mission of Hope admin Jamie Cannon emailed me back and told me it looked like they were eligible to receive matching donations. So I tried re-submitting my matching donation request. This time, it gave me an error message saying "The organization is not eligible to receive donations due to its tax status or has opted out of receiving donations through third parties. (NFG-003)". I will attach a screen shot. Neither Praxair nor Mission of Hope seems to know why this isn't working. Can you please fix this, or at least point us in the right direction? Thanks!

Error Message NFG-003

Outcomes