AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why am I in a continuous loop when trying to update my organization's profile?

Question asked by avafoundation on Jan 5, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2018 by robin.burdick

New to my employer, I have been tasked with updating our Foundation's information so that when people search for the "Association for Vascular Access Foundation" in AmazonSmile to start supporting it, the information such as the address is accurate. With the individual who created the initial GuideStar and AmazonSmile profile for the Foundation no longer working with us, I called GuideStar Support yesterday, Thursday, Jan. 4.

An associate named Doreen was extremely helpful and sent an email both to myself and the Foundation's main email address describing the process to claim my organization's profile on GuideStar. I followed the steps properly, creating an account on GuideStar on behalf of the Association for Vascular Access Foundation and under the username "AVA Foundation" and email address avafoundation@avainfo.org.

Upon verifying the email address associated with the account, I began trying to update our Nonprofit's profile: signed into guidestar.org, clicked "Update Nonprofit Profile" at the top of the home page, etc. Yet every time I clicked "Update Nonprofit Profile" it would show that I wasn't signed in, taking me back to the original step-by-step instructions page instead of prompting me to enter my organization's EIN to request permission.

I tried this all again this morning and fell into the same continuous loop – sign in, click "Update Nonprofit Profile," get sent back to the original page. I even tried it in an Incognito browsing window but to no avail.

Why is this happening? What can I do to change it? It is frustrating that this keeps happening when all I want to do is something simple like update the address and contact information for my organization because who created the profile is no longer a part of it.

Outcomes