AnsweredAssumed Answered

Two Organizations with GuideStar Profiles Merging Into One

Question asked by amartin on Jan 3, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 3, 2018 by robin.burdick

Hello,

I have a rather complicated question. There are two profiles listed for two non-profits - they include, Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana and Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County.

As of January 1, 2018 - both of these organizations merged into one. This new organization is now named Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Northwest Indiana. It has the same Tax ID number as Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County as Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana was absorbed.

I have several questions - but don't know where to start.

1. Should the profiles of both entities be de-activated. If so, when as they operated as separate 501(C)(3) organizations until the end of 2017.

2. Will a new profile need to be created for the new organization - Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Northwest Indiana.

3. Or, can both profiles be merged and updated so there is a history of both organizations before merging into one?

This may require a phone call. My name is Alison Martin and I am the Chief Philanthropy Officer for the new organization. I will be the manager of our GuideStar account. My contact information is amartin@bgcgreaternwi.org; (219) 881-1060, Extension 226; (219) 588-4846, Cell.

Thank you so much - and I look forward to your response.

Alison Martin

Outcomes