Below are four solutions our users find helpful when troubleshooting issues updating a GuideStar Nonprofit Profile.
Verify You Have Access to Your Nonprofit Profile
- Log out of guidestar.org
- Sign in using the email address associated with your Nonprofit Profile
- The option “Edit Form” under “Manage” confirms you have access to update your Nonprofit Profile
- Choose “Edit Form” under “Manage” to begin editing your Nonprofit Profile
- Choose “Bronze” on the left-side of the screen to update your organization’s information
Click Save Before Publish
When you update your Nonprofit Profile make sure to Save your changes before you Publish.
Fill Out Required Fields in Bronze (Before Updating Other Fields)
There are required fields in red asterisk, under Bronze, you need to fill out before updating information such as organization name and address.
Bronze – Required Fields
- Donation Info – Where should people send donations to your organization?
- Leadership & Staff – Who leads your organization?
- Brand – Does your organization have a logo?
- Mission & Programs – What is your organization’s mission? Also, programs added to your Nonprofit Profile require Target Population served and Geographic Area (this information will reflect on the map on your Nonprofit Profile)
Continuous Spinning Circle (Cannot Save or Update My Nonprofit Profile)
We discovered a caching issue with web browsers, causing a continuous spinning circle when updating your Nonprofit Profile. Basically, cookies (data) saved to your computer can block you from updating your profile. One solution would be to open an incognito browser or a private session.
What if my question wasn't answered here?
Create a support case.