GuideStar Account Help - Access Products, Account Settings and License Agreements, Update Password, User Registration FAQs, Supported Browsers

Document created by communitymanager Administrator on Sep 11, 2017Last modified by communitymanager Administrator on Oct 24, 2017
Version 34Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Access My Account

Access your My Account page to update personal information such as change password, update billing information, manage subscriptions - assign individual users, access GuideStar products, update automatic renewal settings, and view License Agreements.

Access My Account

1. Sign in to guidestar.org
  2. Click on your name in the right corner of the home page
  3. Choose My Account

Update Password

1. Sign in to guidestar.org
  3. Choose My Account
  4. Choose Edit Account Settings
  5. Don't forget to click on “Save Changes

Update Billing Information

3. Choose My Account
  4. Choose Manage My Subscriptions 
  5. Choose Update Billing Information

6. Don't forget to click on Save Changes

Account Registration

Registering for a GuideStar account gives you FREE access to nonprofit information.

1. Go to guidestar.org
  2. Choose Create Account
  3. Fill out the required information (note the password requirements at the bottom of the page)
  4. Choose Sign Up For Free

You will receive an auto-generated email requesting you to verify the email address you registered. Check your junk mail or spam folder if not located in your Inbox.

Assign New User 

3. Choose My Account
  4. Choose Manage My Subscriptions 
  5. Click on Assign User.
  6. Enter the assigned users registered email address
  7. Don't forget to click on “Save Changes

Is the new assigned user's email address unregistered with GuideStar? Start by creating a free account.

Update Automatic Renewal

3. Choose My Account
  4. Choose Manage my Subscriptions
  5. If you have a renewable product such as GuideStar Premium, click Stop Renewal
  6. Click the blue Stop Renewal button at the bottom of the page.

A confirmation showing auto-renewal was successfully stopped will appear on-screen. If you do not see this confirmation page, please refresh your session and repeat these steps to confirm the renewal has been stopped.

Locate Products Purchased

3. Choose My Account

Products appear on the right. Purchased Products such as Premium Pay As You Go Reports, National Nonprofit Compensation Reports, and State Lists will be listed under the Downloadable Products tab.

Transfer An Account 

Accounts are registered by email. To begin transferring an account, register that email address with Guidestar.

Contact the Customer Success Team at products@guidestar.org with a subject of “Transfer Account Request” in the message. Please include the current registered account email and the registered email of the new user who should be transferred ownership.

User Registration FAQs

I just tried to view a Nonprofit Profile, and I got a message that I need to register first. Why? I’m a long-time GuideStar user, and I’ve never had to do this before.

We are now asking frequent GuideStar users to register for a free account on our site. There is no charge to register. We want to give our users the best experience possible, and that starts with knowing a bit more about who you are. 

How will registering improve my experience on GuideStar?

The information you share will help us provide information that’s useful to you. For example, if you’re a nonprofit representative, we’ll be able to point out recent blog posts about new IRS regulations, fundraising, and other issues that might affect your organization. We’ll also be able to share information and links for updating your organization’s profile. If you’re a funder, we could highlight white papers related to grantmaking. Registration information will also help us set priorities for developing content for and making improvements to GuideStar. Our goal is to enhance each visitor’s experience by tailoring it to him or her. Identifying our users is the first step in that process.

Registering for a GuideStar account gives you FREE access to nonprofit information, including:

• Organization’s full address and contact information
  • Up to three years of Forms 990
  • Revenue and expense data for the current fiscal year
  • CEO, Board Chair, and Board of Directors information
  • Ability to post in the GuideStar Community

Does registering mean you’ll start charging me for using GuideStar?

Not at all. Registration is free, and you can still use the site for free. Plus, when you register you get additional access that allows you to:

• Filter your search results by cause, subcause, and income; 
  • View contact information; 
  • Access revenue and expense data;  
  • Download recent 990s; and 
  • See board information. 

We do have subscription products that will let you dive deeper into our database should your nonprofit information needs change. But if our free search meets your needs, it will still be available to you. 

I registered, but I still can’t view any Nonprofit Profiles.

Did you verify your email address? You need to confirm your email to complete registration.

You should have received a message from us right after you registered. If you don’t see the email in your in-box, check your spam and junk mail folders. The message contains a link to verify your email address. Once you click the link, you’ll go to a confirmation page that says your registration is complete.  

If you verified your email but still can’t access Nonprofit Profiles or if you clicked the link but did not go to the confirmation page, please submit a support request

Where can I go if I have other questions about using your site?

Please visit the GuideStar Community. We have a rich library of discussion threads and documents to help you. If you can’t find what you need, you can submit a support request.

Supported Browsers

Our products and services are designed to support the latest web browsers. We recommend Google Chrome. It is fast and automatically keeps itself up to date. We also support the current versions of Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11 and above.

Not sure what browser version you are using? Click here to find out.

If you see the following alerts, update your browser to use our products and services.

Attachments

Outcomes