GuideStar Account Help - Access Account Settings and License Agreements, Update Password, User Registration FAQs, Supported Browsers

Document created by communitymanager Administrator on Sep 11, 2017Last modified by communitymanager Administrator on Sep 11, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

How to Access Account Settings

View account settings, license agreements and product features

1. Sign in to guidestar.org
  2. Once you are logged in, click on the arrow next to your name in the right corner of the home page.
  3. Click on "My Account"

How to Update Password

1. Sign in to guidestar.org
  2. Once you are logged in, click on the arrow next to your name in the right corner of the home page.
  3. Click on "My Account"
  4. Click "Edit Account Settings" 
  5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Save Changes” button.

User Registration FAQs

I just tried to view a Nonprofit Profile, and I got a message that I need to register first. Why? I’m a long-time GuideStar user, and I’ve never had to do this before.

We are now asking frequent GuideStar users to register for a free account on our site. There is no charge to register. We want to give our users the best experience possible, and that starts with knowing a bit more about who you are. 

How will registering improve my experience on GuideStar?

The information you share will help us provide information that’s useful to you. For example, if you’re a nonprofit representative, we’ll be able to point out recent blog posts about new IRS regulations, fundraising, and other issues that might affect your organization. We’ll also be able to share information and links for updating your organization’s profile. If you’re a funder, we could highlight white papers related to grantmaking. Registration information will also help us set priorities for developing content for and making improvements to GuideStar. Our goal is to enhance each visitor’s experience by tailoring it to him or her. Identifying our users is the first step in that process.

Does registering mean you’ll start charging me for using GuideStar?

Not at all. Registration is free, and you can still use the site for free. Plus, when you register you get additional access that allows you to:

• Filter your search results by cause, subcause, and income; 
  • View contact information; 
  • Access revenue and expense data;  
  • Download recent 990s; and 
  • See board information. 

We do have subscription products that will let you dive deeper into our database should your nonprofit information needs change. But if our free search meets your needs, it will still be available to you. 

I registered, but I still can’t view any Nonprofit Profiles.

Did you verify your email address? You need to confirm your email to complete registration.

You should have received a message from us right after you registered. If you don’t see the email in your in-box, check your spam and junk mail folders. The message contains a link to verify your email address. Once you click the link, you’ll go to a confirmation page that says your registration is complete.  

If you verified your email but still can’t access Nonprofit Profiles or if you clicked the link but did not go to the confirmation page, please submit a support request

Where can I go if I have other questions about using your site?

Please visit the GuideStar Community. We have a rich library of discussion threads and documents to help you. If you can’t find what you need, you can submit a support request.

Supported Browsers

Our products and services are designed to support the latest web browsers. We recommend Google Chrome. It is fast and automatically keeps itself up to date. We also support the current versions of Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11 and above.

Not sure what browser version you are using? Click here to find out.

If you see the following alerts, update your browser to use our products and services.

Attachments

Outcomes