How does GuideStar Advantage work?
What problem(s) does it solve/question(s) does it answer?
- Who funds organizations similar to mine and might be interested in funding our organization?
- How does my organization appear to 7M+ donors and stakeholders who use GuideStar data to inform their giving and involvement with an organization?
- How can I ensure my org is best represented across GuideStar’s Donor Donation Network (like AmazonSMILE?)
- How can I improve the public perception of my organization?
- How do my financials stack up to similar organizations?
- Will grantmakers have to pay additional fees to donate to my organization?
When GuideStar Advantage talks about funders, does it include foundations or does it refer to individuals?
The GuideStar Advantage component which focuses on funding for nonprofit organizations is primarily focused on foundations, not individual donors.
What's included in the in-depth report?
- GuideStar Premium Report
- Financial data
- Historical 990 data
- Previous funders
- Program and results data
- And data on your board and employees
How do you compare my organization's financial condition to my peers?
What's included in the Foundation Center's MAPS?
Foundation Center’s MAPS will provide you with essential intelligence to inform your Development and grant seeking efforts. Using this innovative tool through GuideStar Advantage, you will get a report that identifies key funders in your area who are funding projects and organizations like yours, including:
- Philanthropy Name
- Past Award Amounts
- Other Similar NPO’s receiving grants
- Connected Network of Giving and Practice