Note: We are no longer granting licenses to our Generation 1 APIs. Please use the Next Generation APIs instead.
Please use the "Free Trial" link at the bottom of the page here to sign up: GuideStar APIs
Next Generation API documentation id here: developer portal
Go to www.guidestar.org
- If you have not registered at GuideStar, register for free at https://www.guidestar.org/Account/Register to create an account. After you register, be sure to reply to the account verification email that you receive. Accounts that are not verified cannot access GuideStar APIs.
- Login to the site.
- At the top of the page, click on Products in the top line menu.
- Under Platform Solutions, click on GuideStar APIs on the lower right..
- At the bottom of the page, select the desired Sandbox API’s using the Try For Free Buttons (one at a time).
- Complete the online ordering process.by clicking the Secure Checkout button.
- Complete the Account Information page, and click continue.
- Check the box labeled "I accept the Sandbox Charity Check API agreement", then click Complete Order.
- Record your authentication key (something like '99627703e3a649a98e371c4110953ads').
- To add more, return to the page at GuideStar APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and repeat steps 5 - 9.
- Log out of the GuideStar main site after you finish, then log back in.
At this point, you will have access to the selected API’s.
Go to Please Note: This document describes a Legacy Generation 1 GuideStar API Sandbox for details on the API use, example API calls, and software examples at the bottom of the page.