Go to www.guidestar.org
- If you have not registered at GuideStar, register for free at https://www.guidestar.org/Account/Register to create an account. After you register, be sure to reply to the account verification email that you receive. Accounts that are not verified cannot access GuideStar APIs.
- Login to the site.
- At the top of the page, click on Products in the top line menu.
- Under Platform Solutions, click on GuideStar APIs on the lower right..
- At the bottom of the page, select the desired Sandbox API’s using the Try For Free Buttons (one at a time).
- Complete the online ordering process.by clicking the Secure Checkout button.
- Complete the Account Information page, and click continue.
- Check the box labeled "I accept the Sandbox Charity Check API agreement", then click Complete Order.
- Record your authentication key (something like '99627703e3a649a98e371c4110953ads').
- To add more, return to the page at GuideStar APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and repeat steps 5 - 9.
- Log out of the GuideStar main site after you finish, then log back in.
At this point, you will have access to the selected API’s.
Go to GuideStar API Sandbox for details on the API use, example API calls, and software examples at the bottom of the page.