We are excited to announce that Financial SCAN functionality is being enhanced and rolled into our GuideStar Pro product.
Moving forward, GuideStar Pro will be the go-to solution for analyzing nonprofit financial information.
What does this mean for you?
Your Financial SCAN subscription will be transitioned to a GuideStar Pro account in August-September 2018.
What happens if I have an active Financial SCAN subscription?
All users who have a Financial SCAN subscription will be given a GuideStar Pro account for the remainder of their subscription.
Is Financial SCAN going away?
Yes, Financial SCAN is being eliminated as a stand-alone product. Instead, all Financial SCAN features will be accessible in GuideStar Pro.
Additional good news:
- You'll have access to Financial SCAN features and GuideStar Pro functionality
- You will be provided training on how to use GuideStar Pro throughout the transition
- GuideStar Pro is $500 less per year than Financial SCAN
We want to be as transparent as possible throughout this transition. The big takeaway from this message is that you won’t lose access to key functionality in Financial SCAN.
Additionally, we are here to answer any questions you may have about the transition. Please get in touch with us through the GuideStar Community and we will be happy to assist.
How do I create a Financial Scan Report?
- Log into GuideStar www.guidestar.org with your registered email address and go to My Account there will be a tab that is listed as Financial Scan. Click on the Access Financial Scan tab marked by the red arrow in the screen shot below.
- Follow the steps below under Welcome to start creating your report.
- Once you have searched an organization you can Sort Results further and Narrow Your Results marked by the top two red ovals in the screen shot below or if you find the organization you want, click on tab marked Select this Organization.
- Once adding an organization that is an eligible target organization you will receive this messaging, click on Continue.
- You can now see the organizations Financial Health Dashboard. You may download the dashboard as a PDF or Excel file or you may even want to add select peers to the Dashboard by clicking on Select Peers.
- Below is an example of the Financial Scan PDF report.
- To Select Peers fill out the criteria that you need and then click on Search.
- Now that you have received your search results choose the organizations that you would like to compare and add to your dashboard by clicking on Add to Select Peers marked by the red oval in the screen shot below.
- You will need to make a selection here.
- Then when you are finished with selecting and adding Individual Peers click on Proceed to Comparables Analysis.
- Here is your Comparables Analysis for the organizations chosen with an abbreviation appearing where that organization information is listed throughout the report. Now click on Generate Report.