How To Use GuideStar Premium

Document created by robin.burdick Employee on Mar 14, 2017Last modified by robin.burdick Employee on May 24, 2017
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Can you walk me through the process of creating a GuideStar Premium Report?

• Please click on the following link to watch a short video on how to use the GuideStar Premium search features: The New GuideStar Search
  • Log into your account and you will see a drop-down arrow next to your name or “Hi” in the top right-hand corner of your screen, then click on “My Account.” You should now see the screen below. Click the “Search” link in the upper toolbar to the top left of your screen, this will take you to the GuideStar Search page. 

• You can search for a nonprofit by typing a Name, Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Keyword into the search bar. You can also, filter by State, City, GuideStar Nonprofit Profile Level, Cause Area, and Income. 

• Sample Search: Items marked in red are the search filters used. Items marked in yellow are the keywords used and the number of search results found. Items marked in green are options on how to save organizations, compare results, or sort search results by Relevance, Organization Name, Income, and Assets.

• By clicking on the drop-down arrow shown here, you can save All organizations on that page. Or you can select None from the drop-down, and the organizations saved on that page will be removed from your saved organizations.

• You can filter by Organization and to the left is the Organization list of filter options marked by the red arrow.

If I don’t know the name of a nonprofit, can I search for an organizational leader or board member instead? 

• You can change the search bar option to People by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to Organization marked by the yellow arrow below and then type the Name of the Organizational Leaders and Board Members.  
  • To the left are the People search filters.

• To the left are the list of the Financial filter options. You can use the slider bar to adjust your search marked by the red arrow, or you can enter the amounts by hovering over $0 and MAX. A box should appear where you can enter an amount, for example, 5K-25M.

How do I search for Individual Organizations?

• You can search by the organization's name or EIN (Employee Identification Number).  To view and organization's GuideStar Nonprofit Profile, click on its name in the search results.

• To review your saved organizations, click the drop-down arrow next to your name or “Hi” marked by the red arrow below.

• Then click on the My Account link marked by the green arrow below.

• In the GuideStar Premium section, and you will see links for your Saved Organizations, Saved Searches, and View Comparison Set, marked by the red arrow below.

How to view and download a PDF Report and Form 990’s of the organization?

How to view and download audited financial data?

How to download the Letter of Determination, Form 1023/1024, and 5 most recent years of officer and director compensation?

How to download 5 most recent years of highest paid employee’s data?

How to download the most recent year of the board of directors?

Attachments

Outcomes