Our search engine uses the NTEE (National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities) Classification System developed by the National Center for Charitable Statistics as part of its keyword searching criteria. You can add additional, more relevant codes to your GuideStar profile using the “Categorization” section of the GuideStar Nonprofit Profile. Choosing a good, representative NTEE code will help your organization be found more easily by users searching our database. For example, an organization that is coded C27 will come up when someone searches on the keyword "recycling."
- www.guidestar.org (I'm not registered with GuideStar).
- Update Nonprofit Profile
- I need to claim/request permission to update my profile). (
- To get more information, view this full list of NTEE Codes.
Save & Publish
- Click Save and Continue at the bottom of the page when complete.
- Click Finish and Publish to complete the process. Your information will be appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 48 hours.