How to Achieve the Bronze Level of Participation.

Document created by robin.burdick Employee on Jan 31, 2017Last modified by communitymanager on Oct 16, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The Bronze Seal of Transparency focuses on basic information about your organization. This includes your organization's names and contacts, addresses, founding information, donation information, leadership and staff, board members, brand, mission and programs, and categorization. Please see the complete list below.

1. Go to www.guidestar.org and sign in using your registered email address and password (I'm not registered with GuideStar).
  2. Click the Update Nonprofit Profile link at the top of the home page.
  3. Click on your organization's name to start updating your organization's profile (I need to claim/request permission to update my profile).
  4. On the left-hand side of the page is a list of categories. Click on Bronze to display subcategories that can be edited.
  5. Fill out all of the data fields with a red star next to them to complete the Bronze section. The rest of the data fields are optional, but still highly encouraged to complete.

Save & Publish

1. Click Save and Continue at the bottom of the page when complete.
  2. To publish your changes to GuideStar’s website, you must click the Publish Changes Now button located at the bottom of each page. This will take you to the Confirm & Publish page where you will be asked to agree to our Terms of Use.
  3. Under the Options for Sharing section, select the check box for “Yes, I want donors to able to easily give to my organization through GuideStar partners like Network for Good and JustGive” and "Yes, I give GuideStar permission to add a Donate button to my GuideStar report page to enable donors to give to my organization through GuideStar."
  4. Click Finish and Publish to complete the process. Your information will be appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 48 hours.

Benefits

Once you have earned the Bronze Level of Participation, you will receive the following benefits:

Bronze Level of Participation Widget

Follow the instructions below to display the Bronze Level of Participation widget on your site (You must have access to update your organization's nonprofit profile to download the widget).

1. Sign in at www.guidestar.org.
  2. Click on the Update Nonprofit Profile link at the top of the home page.   
  3. On this page, click the Benefits link for your organization.
  4. Click the Get the GuideStar Participation Widget link.
  5. Follow the instructions on the GuideStar Widget page.

2017 Bronze Seal of Transparency

Attachments

Outcomes