The Bronze Seal of Transparency focuses on basic information about your organization. This includes your organization's names and contacts, addresses, founding information, donation information, leadership and staff, board members, brand, mission and programs, and categorization. Please see the complete list below.
- www.guidestar.org (I'm not registered with GuideStar).
- Update Nonprofit Profile
- (I need to claim/request permission to update my profile).
Fill out all of the data fields with a red star next to them to complete the Bronze section. The rest of the data fields are optional, but still highly encouraged to complete.
Save & Publish
- Click Save and Continue at the bottom of the page when complete.
- Under the Options for Sharing section, select the check box for “Yes, I want donors to able to easily give to my organization through GuideStar partners like Network for Good and JustGive” and "Yes, I give GuideStar permission to add a Donate button to my GuideStar report page to enable donors to give to my organization through GuideStar."
- Click Finish and Publish to complete the process. Your information will be appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 48 hours.
Once you have earned the Bronze Level of Participation, you will receive the following benefits:
- Widget to add Bronze Participation Logo to organization's website (How to Upload your Organization's Logo to your GuideStar Profile).
- Bronze Participation Logo available for print materials.
- E-mail alerts about your organization's status with the IRS and when GuideStar receives a new 990 upload from the IRS.
- Access to GuideStar promotional tool kit (How To Access The Outreach Tool Kit (GuideStar High-Resolution Logo for Print).
- First access to registration for GuideStar webinars.
Bronze Level of Participation Widget
Follow the instructions below to display the Bronze Level of Participation widget on your site (You must have access to update your organization's nonprofit profile to download the widget).
- Sign in at www.guidestar.org.
- Click on the Update Nonprofit Profile link at the top of the home page.
- On this page, click the Benefits link for your organization.
- Click the Get the GuideStar Participation Widget link.
- Follow the instructions on the GuideStar Widget page.