Due to a series of vulnerabilities in Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) over the past few years, as well as to meet the PCI Council’s requirements, GuideStar released security upgrades to our website and hosted platforms. We will only support TLSv1.2. Support for older versions of certain browsers may be dropped.
The browsers in question are:
- · Any version of Internet Explorer earlier than v11
- · Any Safari browser earlier than v7
- · Any Android browser earlier than v5
Not sure what browser version you are using? Click here to find out.
If you are receiving error messages while updating your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile or messages that GuideStar is currently working on fixing an issue, below are a few suggestions to try before contacting us.
- Make sure your internet browser is up-to-date.
- Remove all text formatting if copy and pasting from a document to a GuideStar profile field (use Notepad or use clear formatting in Word).
- Photos, images, and logos
- File size: no larger that 750 KB
- Resolution: no larger than 450px x 300px
- Acceptable formats: JPG, GIF, or PNG
If you continue to experience technical issues after trying our recommended solutions, please submit a support request. Also, include the following information in your request.
- Organization name and EIN
- Browser version being used, i.e. Google Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87, Internet Explorer 11 Version 11.0.9600.18537.
- Steps that you are attempting and at what point the issue occurs.
- If possible send a screen shot and/or document specifics. The date you experienced the issue.