If the IRS has revoked your nonprofit status, that will be reflected on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile. Follow the steps below to remove the revoked messaging that appears on your Nonprofit Profile.
What you'll need
- The IRS Retroactive Reinstatement letter (all pages – including the addendum).
After completing the below steps, please notify Nonprofit Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may review your document and update your status onsite. Once the IRS updates the IRS Business Master File with your organizations information, your organization will then be available in GuideStar's search results.
Claim Your Organization's Profile
Click on the following link to Claim/Request Permission to manage your organizations profile Claim/Request Permission to Update your Organization's Profile.
How To Upload your IRS Retroactive Reinstatement Letter
Please follow the directions below to upload the Document to your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile.
- Sign in to www.GuideStar.org using your registered email and password.
- Click the Update Nonprofit Profile link at the top of the home page.
- When you are signed in, you should see your organization listed on the page.
- Click on your organization's name (You will be taken to a form to update your organization's report page).
- On the Left side of the screen click on Bronze.
- Click on the sub-category "Founding Info".
- Type in the year that is stamped at the top of your Letter of Determination.
- Click on Browse to upload your Letter of Determination.
- Click "Add a Letter of Determination".
- Click Save once you are complete.
Save & Publish
You may Save your work at any time before publishing. It will be stored for you to edit at a later time but will not appear on GuideStar.org.
Click Finish and Publish to complete the process. Your information will be appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 48 hours.