The Silver Seal of Transparency asks for your basic financial data. To earn the Silver Seal, you must have completed the Bronze Seal requirements and upload at least one audited financial report OR fill out all of the fields below the audited financial statement upload section.
There are two ways to earn a Silver Seal.
- Upload an audited financial statement by clicking Add a Financial Document. Then, choose the file from your computer and enter the year and auditing company for the financial statement. Please note, the Funding Sources section is optional, but highly encouraged.
- Manually fill in the fields Fiscal Year, Revenue, Expenses, and Assets & Liabilities. This information can be found in the first two pages of the Form 990 you submit to the IRS each year. Please note, the Funding Sources section is optional, but highly encouraged.
Save & Publish
- Click Save and Continue at the bottom of the page when complete.
- Click Finish and Publish to complete the process. Your information will be appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 48 hours.
Once you completed the required fields and have earned the Silver Level of Participation you will receive the following benefits:
- Widget to add Silver Participation Logo to organization's website (How to Upload your Organization's Logo to your GuideStar Profile)
- Bronze benefits
- 10% off Foundation Center's Foundation Directory Online Professional (new subscriptions only).
- 20% off Foundation Center's in-person grant seeker training.
- 10% off PhilanTrack for Grantseekers (new customers only).
- 40% off online Certified Nonprofit Accounting Professional courses from FMA.
- Access to GuideStar promotional tool kit (Outreach Tool Kit: GuideStar High-Resolution Logo).
Silver Level of Participation Widget
Follow the instructions below to display the Silver Level of Participation widget on your site (you must have access to update your organization's Nonprofit Profile to download the widget).
- Sign in at www.guidestar.org.
- Click on the Update Nonprofit Profile link at the top of the home page.
- On this page, click the Benefits link for your organization.
- Click the Get the GuideStar Participation Widget link.
- Follow the instructions on the GuideStar Widget page.