The Gold level is all about asking for qualitative information about your organization. These questions are from Charting Impact, an initiative of the BBB Wise Giving Alliance, Independent Sector, and GuideStar to develop a common format for nonprofits to report on their effectiveness. To receive the Gold Level of Participation you must have completed the Silver Level requirements and upload at least one audited financial report, or fill out all of the fields below the audited financial statement upload section.
- Go to www.guidestar.org and sign in using your registered email address and password (I'm not registered with GuideStar).
- Click the Update Nonprofit Profile link at the top of the home page.
- Click on your organization's name to start updating your organization's profile (I need to claim/request permission to update my profile).
- On the left hand side of the page is a list of categories. Click on Gold to display subcategories that can be edited.
Discussion Guide for the Five Charting Impact Questions: http://independentsector.org/resource/charting-impact/
Most nonprofits already have this information to complete this sections. This information can be found in grant applications appeals to donors or strategic analyses such as SWOT.
Please note: The answers for each question should be 1-2 paragraphs at most.
Save & Publish
- Click Save and Continue at the bottom of the page when complete
- Click Finish and Publish to complete the process. Your information will be appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 48 hours.
Once you completed the required fields and have earned the Gold Level of Participation you will receive the following benefits:
- Widget to add Gold Participation Logo to organization's website (How to Upload your Organization's Logo to your GuideStar Profile)
- Silver benefits
- Bronze benefits
- 20% off PhilanTrack (new customers only).
- 30% off Simple Charity Registration's state charity registration service
- Access to GuideStar promotional tool kit (Outreach Tool Kit: GuideStar High-Resolution Logo)
Gold Level of Participation Widget
Follow the instructions below to display the Gold Level of Participation widget on your site (You must have access to update your organization's nonprofit profile to download the widget).
- Sign in at www.guidestar.org.
- Click on the “Update Nonprofit Profile” link at the top of the home page.
- On this page, click the Benefits link for your organization.
- Click the Get the GuideStar Participation Widget link.
- Follow the instructions on the GuideStar Widget page.