Follow the instructions below to update the information for your organization.
- Go to www.guidestar.org and sign in using your registered email address and password (I'm not registered with GuideStar).
- Click the Update Nonprofit Profile link at the top of the home page
- Click on your organization's name to start updating your organization's profile (I need to claim/request permission to update my profile).
Each section of the tool will guide you to input different types of information about your organization. The further you update your profile the better story you tell to the millions that view GuideStar Nonprofit Profiles every year. In addition, you can earn one of GuideStar’s Seals of Transparency to showcase to your stakeholders.
Updating My Nonprofit Profile - Where Do I Start?
Below are links to help guide you along. Start with updating the Bronze Seal of Transparency and then move down the list. The goal is to receive the Platinum Seal of Transparency.
- Opt-in to receive third-party donations - Learn how to qualify your nonprofit profile with the AmazonSmile program.
- Upload your organization's logo to your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile
- Upload Forms 990
- Update Bronze Seal of Transparency section
- Update Silver Seal of Transparency section
- Update Gold Seal of Transparency section
- Update Platinum Seal of Transparency section
Save & Publish
You may save your work at any time before publishing. It will be stored for you to edit at a later time but will not appear on GuideStar.org.
Click Finish and Publish to complete the process. Your information will be appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 48 hours.