How to Qualify Your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile with the AmazonSmile Program

Document created by communitymanager Administrator on May 24, 2016Last modified by communitymanager Administrator on Dec 7, 2017
Version 15Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

How long after qualifying can my organization begin to receive donations through Amazon?

GuideStar sends AmazonSmile monthly updates. Once received by AmazonSmile, they update their site accordingly.  

Updates made to your Nonprofit Profile do not automatically sync with partner sites like Facebook, AmazonSmile, and Network for Good. GuideStar sends updated information on Nonprofit Profiles to our partners each month. If you recently made updates to your Profile, it may take up to a month to appear on partner sites.

How does my nonprofit receive Donations from AmazonSmile?

AmazonSmile Org Central: Customers shop. Amazon gives. 

How do I qualify my organization to be listed on AmazonSmile?

Here are the requirements your organization must meet to be listed on AmazonSmile. Your nonprofit organization:

• is qualified under Section 501(c)(3)
  • is a public charitable organization and not a private foundation
  • is not supporting organizations, unless identified specifically as a Type I, Type II, or functionally integrated Type III supporting organization
  • is headquartered in the United States (the 50 States and the District of Columbia)

Once your organization is listed on GuideStar you will automatically be opted in for third party donations from AmazonSmile.

What is AmazonSmile?

AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. Learn More

Will updates I make to my GuideStar Nonprofit Profile be visible on Amazon?

Yes, any updates to your Nonprofit Profile should appear on Amazon with in a week after receiving updates from GuideStar.

Who do I contact if after six weeks I do not see my organization listed on AmazonSmile?

Create a support case.

49 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes