Before you start using the GuideStar Support community, take a few moments to introduce yourself by completing the below steps.
1. Add to your individual GuideStar Community Bio
|Step 1||Step 2|
Click on the avatar in right-hand corner of the screen and choose "Edit Profile."
There are 3 tabs of content to edit. On the first tab "Avatar & Photo," you can upload up to ten images. Your first image should be a pic of yourself. Click "Add photo" to upload a photo.
Next, choose an avatar from the list below. Click "Finished" when complete.
|Step 3||Step 4|
On the next tab "Profile," share your location and phone number, and write a bio. Click "Save" when complete.
Your username, first and last name, job title and company name will be pulled from your guidestar.org account.
On the Privacy tab, choose what profile information you would like to share with the community. Click "save" when complete.
2. Follow the Support Page
Following Support in the GuideStar Community is a good way to get involved with other community members and stay informed on GuideStar support topics. Just click on the follow button.
There are two options when following the Support page:
- Follow in "Following" will push activity updates of everything you follow to your community follow news stream (bookmark this link)
- Follow in "Inbox" will send you an email notification of any activity updates.
3. Join the Discussion or Start Your Own Discussion
To start a support discussion look for the "Actions" menu and click on "Discussion."
To join a discussion look for "Reply" or "Reply to original post."
4. Introduce Yourself
Introduce yourself to the community: Welcome to the GuideStar Community. Please introduce yourself
5. Best Practices & Callouts
Below are a few best practices to follow and callouts you should be aware of:
- When the GuideStar logo appears next to a name that represents a GuideStar employee
- Use your guidestar.org login information to log-in to the community
- Starting a discussion or replying to a discussion thread automatically enrolls you to receive email notifications whenever a member posts a reply. There is no need to "follow" this content.
- Use the "like" button to like content and acknowledge that you have reviewed content or received content. In other words liking content is a great way to say "Thanks" or "I understand."